Your community bulletin board

TODAY

Ukraine, Russia and Crimea
Sergei Zhuk, an associate professor of history, will present “Ukraine-Russia-Crimea: The Conflict In Historical Perspective.” Zhuk will emphasize the historical context of the regions in order to illustrate the current events contributing to the crisis in Ukraine. His lecture will be from 4:30-6 p.m. in the Art and Journalism Building Room 175.

Physics colloquium
Kevin Pitts will present “Physics Colloquium: Building a Better Undergraduate Physics Program.” Pitts is the associate dean of undergraduate programs in the University of Illinois’ College of Engineering. Pitts will discuss how physics majors have been on the rise for more than a decade as well as some of the steps that the University of Illinois has taken to adapt to the changing student and employer demand. The presentation will begin at 3:30 p.m. in Cooper Physical Science Building Room 144.

Clothesline Project
In support of April’s National Sexual Assault Awareness Month, the Clothesline Project will display T-shirts with different messages that support victims and survivors of sexual assault. To design a shirt, visit from 5-8 p.m. in the Student Recreational and Wellness Center lobby.

City Lights in Asia Fashion Show
The Asian American Students Association will present its annual fashion show with the theme of City Lights in Asia. The show will consist of modern and traditional Asian attire. Musician DANakaDAN will perform. The event will begin at 6 p.m. on University Green.

The Internet Revolution
Miller College of Business will present Scott McCorkle in his lecture titled, “The Internet Revolution: You Haven’t Seen Anything Yet!” McCorkle is the president of product, technology and strategy at ExactTarget. The free event will be at 3:30 p.m. in the Whitinger Business Building Room 144.

Holocaust Survivor Eva Kor
Eva Kor lived during World War II in the Nazi concentration camp in Auschwitz, Poland, with her twin sister. She also established the CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center in Terre Haute, Ind. Her documentary film will begin at 3 p.m. and the presentation will follow at 4 p.m. in John R. Emens Auditorium. This event is free and open to the public. Additionally, free parking will be available in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center Garage with a shuttle service to Emens.
WHO
Speaker Eva Kor, Holocaust survivor
WHEN
3 p.m. for documentary
4 p.m. for speech
WHERE
John R. Emens Auditorium

Sell Your Skills
Sell your Skills will be from noon until 1 p.m. in Bracken Library Room 104. This event is part of Ball State’s career center’s Job-Search Week.

FRIDAY

Karaoke & Mocktails
Karaoke, mocktails and snacks will be featured at 5 p.m. in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center basement activity room. Karaoke & Mocktails will close out the Asian American Student Association’s Illuminate Asia week of events.

‘Werther’ by Jules Massenet
Michael Brandenburg, members of the Ball State Opera Theatre and the Anderson Children’s Chorus will present “Werther” in Sursa Hall. The seating is general admission and prices vary. The show will begin at 7:30 p.m. An encore presentation will be at 2 p.m. Sunday.

‘American Hustle’
Friday Night Filmworks will show “American Hustle.” The show will begin at 9 p.m. in Pruis Hall. Admission is free for Ball State students and $1 for guests older than 16. Candy, soda, water and popcorn are all 50 cents.

SATURDAY

Critical Mass: Muncie
Emerging Green Builders will host Critical Mass: Muncie. It is a non-competitive citywide bike ride through Ball State’s campus and Muncie. The event will begin at 2 p.m. in LaFollette Complex’s parking lot.

SUNDAY

Out of the Darkness Campus Walk
Ball State’s annual Out of the Darkness Walk to prevent suicide will start at 1 p.m. at the Atrium patio and will last until 3 p.m. Online registration at bit.ly/N2×7QQ closes noon Friday, but the group will accept walk donations until June 30. As of publication, $3,662 out of the $5,000 goal has been raised. Contact Brandon Puszkiewicz at 219-707-3346 or bjpuszkiewic@bsu.edu for more information.
WHAT
Out of the Darkness Campus Walk
WHEN
1-3 p.m.
WHERE
Starts at Atrium patio

Look at ballstatedaily.com for event coverage and profiles on those affected by suicide.