REVIEW: Super Bowl commercials for dummies

There are two types of people in this world. There are the those who watch the Super Bowl for the game and those who watch the Super Bowl solely for the commercials. Most of the commercials last about 30 seconds to even a full minute or so, and an average 30-second commercial costs around 4 million dollars. Here are some of the notable commercials of this year’s game.

Guy Who Doesn’t Know
A random guy in a bar, who was surrounded by a bunch of hired actors, was offered Bud Light Beer from a mysterious woman who was also a hired actress and was told not to question what happened after he took the beer. He ended up in a limo full of women. Even though this would be highly unrealistic, it was still a lighthearted and upbeat commercial.

Guy Who Doesn’t Know Part 2
#UpForWhatever continues to follow the random guy from the bar who ends up in an elevator with twins, a llama being escorted by Don Cheadle, has a ping-pong match against Arnold Schwarzenegger and then appears on stage with One Republic. Weird.

Butterfinger Cups
Peanut butter and chocolate have a therapy session concerning how well they work together. Honestly, I take this as a serious blow to the Reese’s industry. Why are they trying to take over something we’ve come to know and love since 1928?

Samsung
A preview of a new phone that is coming out from Samsung. Ser, this looks like the coolest phone I’ve ever seen. Using a stylus to drag pictures and text around wherever you want? So cool.

Truck and a Cow
Two words: Cow nostrils. What a fresh take on Chevrolet’s newest truck model. Such a cute commercial about a man, his truck and his cow.

Dannon Oikos Yogurt
Danny Tanner, Uncle Joey and Jesse are reunited in this sexy yogurt commercial. We all swooned for Uncle Jesse in “Full House” and yet, no matter how old John Stamos gets, he’s still good looking.

Cancer Month
A heartfelt commercial concerning a man and his wife who battled cancer. Joined together, we are on the road to recovery. Celebrate World Cancer day Tuesday along with those who have survived. #PurpleYourProfile

VW Angel
Every 100,000 miles a VW employee gets its wings. I think that first sentence for the commercial is pretty self-explantatory. Wings popping out of the backs of all the VW employees, causing mayhem on the main floor. Pretty amusing for anyone and everyone.

Doritos Time Machine
A cute kid tricks an unsuspecting man with a bag full of Doritos into his homemade Time Machine. Is it a coincidence that it takes Doritos to make it work? I don’t think so.

Budweiser #BestBuds
The feels, though. A fur-real friendship between a horse and an adopted golden retriever puppy that brings together a man and a woman. Not fair, Budweiser. Not fair at all. Especially when you throw Passenger’s melancholy “Let Her Go” in there.