CROSS COUNTRY: Ball State finishes last in Indiana Intercollegiate

The Ball State cross country team took their talents to the Indiana Intercollegiate Cross Country on Friday afternoon.

Ball Sate placed last out of eight division teams with 193 points in the Bloomington, Ind., conference.

For the women’s 5K, the NCAA Division 1 had eight teams who scored under the title of Big State, while the remaining schools scored as Little State teams.

Among the eight teams in the women’s 5K, Indiana took first with 21 points. Behind Indiana were Purdue (55), Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (108), IPFW (135), Indiana State (136), Evansville (159), Butler (161) and Ball State (193).

For the third consecutive race, junior Courtney Edon led the race for Ball State. Edon posted a time of 19:21.88, putting her 24th amid the women’s 5K Big State runners.

Following Edon in the 35th spot was freshman Ericka Rinehart with a time of 19:46.94.

Other Ball State runners were sophomore Danielle Dahl at 19:56.34, juniors Madelyn Webster at 20:17.74 and junior Caitlynn Edon at 20:26.21, in the 37th, 47th and 50th spots, respectively.

With a time of 22:13.45, freshman Becca Kropf came in 55th place to finish out the Ball State roster.

Ball State cross country will compete Oct. 5 in the Greater Louisville Classic in Louisville, Ky.