FOOTBALL: Zebra makes his picks in Ball State's by week

Eastern Michigan at Ohio, tonight

Ohio suffered a disappointing loss to Miami, Ohio, to end its undefeated season. The loss was a setback, but it was coming for a few weeks. The Bobcats just haven’t played up to potential. That will change against Eastern Michigan.

Score: 34-17 Ohio

Miami, Ohio, at Buffalo, Saturday

After its upset over Ohio, it’s difficult to expect what is next for Miami. The RedHawks are searching for a sixth win to become bowl eligible. It starts with Buffalo, a team that has struggled for much of the Mid-American Conference season. Is a letdown possible?

Score: 27-23 Buffalo

Western Michigan at Central Michigan, Saturday

Western Michigan is on a three-game losing streak, but those three have been against Ball State, Kent State and Northern Illinois. The Broncos need to win the last three games to become bowl eligible, something that will be difficult but possible.

Score: 33-20 Western Michigan

Akron at Kent State, Saturday

Kent State’s defense hasn’t received the credit its deserved. Through the MAC schedule, Ball State’s 43 points is its highest total allowed with no other games where the opponent has scored more than 24 — not to mention forcing seven turnovers against then-ranked 15 Rutgers. Kent State is a complete football team.

Score: 34-13 Kent State

Massachusetts at Northern Illinois, Saturday

Nobody expected Jordan Lynch to be as good as he’s been this year for the Huskies. Lynch has 32 touchdowns to split between passing and rushing scores. He’s been the driving force of a Northern Illinois team that has shown why it’s one of the best football programs in the MAC.

Score: 45-24 Northern Illinois