MEN'S BASKETBALL: Ball State ties school record with ninth consecutive MAC loss

Eastern Michigan goes from shooting 26 percent in the first half to 50 in the second to pull away

Despite shooting 48 percent from the field, Ball State lost 61-50 to Mid-American Conference opponent Eastern Michigan on the road Saturday afternoon.

The loss ties a school record for most consecutive MAC loses at nine. The last team to do so was the 1986-87 Cardinals.

Ball State went into halftime holding a 22-20 halftime lead, but the Eagles outscored the Cardinals 41-28 in the second half, including a 9-2 run to open the period. 

Ball State (13-14, 4-10 MAC) held Eastern Michigan to just 26 percent shooting in the first half, but allowed the Eagles to shoot 50 percent in the second half. 

The Cardinals were led in scoring by forward Jarrod Jones who posted his eighth double-double on the season with 14 points and 11 rebounds in the loss. Jones was the only player to score in double figures for Ball State.

Guard Tyrae Robinson dished out a career-high 10 assists and didn't commit a turnover.

The Eagles were led in scoring by guards Darrell Lampley and Antonio Green with 13 and 10 points, respectively. 

Eastern Michigan (13-16, 8-6 MAC) controlled the glass throughout the game with a 33-23 advantage on rebounds. The Eagles had 14 total offensive rebounds that resulted in 13 second-chance points.

The Cardinals finish up their regular season next week as they host Central Michigan next Wednesday and then Northern Illinois on Saturday.