WOMEN'S GOLF: Cardinals end season with third place finish

Kelly, Preutt close out final tournament with top-25 finishes

Ball State women's golf team finished third at the Mid-American Conference Championships at Longaberger Golf Club in Nashport, Ohio. The Cardinals carded a team score of 939.

Junior Katie Windlan shot the lowest round for the Cardinals with a two-over par 74. She tied for fifth overall and had a total score of 231.

Senior Brittany Kelly finished ninth with a 233 and freshman Sarah Westaway tied for 20th with a 240. Senior Rachael Pruett tied for 23rd with a 243 and sophomore Autumn Duke tied for 25th with a 244.

Ranked 32nd in the nation, Kent State won the tournament with 916 and Eastern Michigan was second with 928.

Ball State coach Katherine Mowat and players were not available for comment.

The conclusion of the MAC Championships will end the careers for two talented seniors.

Pruett owns a 79.17 average through 2007-2010, which is the third best three-year average in Ball State's record books. This season Pruett has three top-10 and four top-20 finishes. In addition, she won the Ball State Cardinal Classic and received the MAC Golfer of the Week Award.

Kelly holds multiple school records. She has the best one-year average in Ball State history with a 75.06 and has the record for the lowest round with a 69.

In 2010, she was named All-MAC First Team, Academic All-MAC, NGCA All-American Scholar, has been MAC Golfer of the Week six times, and was Ball State's most valuable player in both 2009 and 2010.

The class of 2015 will have big shoes to fill and looks to be a force in the MAC next year.