MEN'S VOLLEYBALL: Cards go 2-0 in weekend homestand

Ball State sweeps Limestone, boosts record to 5-3

It was Ball State's first homestand since early January, and the Cardinals didn't disappoint their fans with their return.

Ball State swept Limestone 3-0 (25-19, 25-14, 25-15) Saturday night at Worthen Arena a day after giving Pfeiffer the same treatment the night before. 

The win pushes Ball State's record to 5-3 and gives the team a perfect 3-0 record at home this season.

Senior outside attacker Marcus Imwalle led the Cardinals with 11 kills on 21 attempts along with a service ace. 

Imwalle said the Cardinals' two wins on the weekend were vital considering the opposition Ball State will face in the upcoming weeks.

"It is a big confidence booster, especially heading into these next few weekends having big conference matches," he said. "We had two solid games, beating them both in three (sets), and had good numbers both nights. We're playing Lewis and IPFW and Ohio State the following weekend, so this is a big confidence booster for sure."

Outside attackers Dominic Spadavecchio and Greg Herceg had seven kills each for Ball State. Spadavecchio also led the team with three service aces.

While it was second straight sweep for Ball State, the Cardinals struggled on offense early, hitting a .179 success rate in the first game.

Ball State bounced back, increasing its attack percentage to .364 in the second game and .458 in the third. Coach

Joel Walton said he was impressed by the improvements the team continued to make throughout the game.

"We made a couple of attack errors early on," Walton said. "Marcus Imwalle got blocked a couple of times and I started to tell him to open his eyes, and that he had some shots to choose from. He just needed to choose the right shot, and I'm pleased that he ended up leading our team in kills."

Ball State will take to the road next weekend to play Lewis on Friday and IPFW on Saturday.